I have been really self -conscious about a mole on my face. I feel like people are always staring at it and thinking "gross, Jamie!" I think it looks like a wart instead of a mole. I finally called the dermatologist and made my appointment to have it and one on my arm looked at.
I am so happy to say, the Doctor removed it and the one on my arm. He was concerned about the one on my arm, he thinks it is possibly skin cancer....yikes! I can't believe how bad the needle hurt in my face but when she gave me the shot in my arm I couldn't even feel it.
I will hear back in a week, if it turns out to be abnormal, I will have to go back and they will have to cut deeper to make sure they remove it completely.
Now that I am getting older, I need to be better at taking care of myself. I know too many people that have had skin cancer and they have been through so much.
I am hoping this will help a little with my self image.
I guess I should thank my Dad, I get my moles from him and his side of the family..
"Thanks, Dad!"
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Finally
Posted by Jamie at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh honey you have always looked great. A million dollars I'd say.
I thought Justin got that from his mom's side. He must have it on both sides. He's had some checked too. Luckily they were fine and I hope yours are too.
I have never even noticed a mole on your face and I am pretty observant person, so I doubt it was that noticable!! But I am happy for you to get it removed, anything to help a little with the self esteem. I hope the other isn't cancerous, make sure to wear sunscreen!!!
Well, it was not noticable but if it makes you feel better - good riddence to the mole! I hope that doesn't come back as skin cancer - although now since you have me tanning I'm gonna get it too :-)
Really, ever since the other day when we were talking about moles and the possibility of them being cancerous I've been wanting to go in and have all my moles checked as well. I hope your mole is not cancerous, that's scary!! And I really never noticed the one on your face either you silly girl you. I think you are beautiful, and you are lookin good with all that exercise your doing. It sure kicked my big butt!!
I know I haven't seen you a lot, but I've never noticed a mole on your face.
It's good you got them checked in case there was something wrong. Better to be safe. :-)
I never even noticed a mole. What dermatologist did you go to? I need to get a couple removed. They either hurt or itch or they are somewhere that I have to shave and I keep cutting them open, so I need to go. I hope the results come back normal! I have a big freckle on my face...see I'm in denial, it's probably a mole, but I want it to be just a freckle.
Post a Comment